Page is graphics intensive, please allow a minute or two to fully load
VISITORS
click here for web design services
california web designers
MONTHLY CONTEST
ENTER THIS MONTH'S CONTEST

Go to Prim Friends Network for details

Prim Friends Network
MY OTHER SITES
Cranapple Christmas
Crow Canyon Mercantile
Cranapple Place
Prim Friends Network

CONTACT ME
cranappleplace@yahoo.com
ADVERTISE
Add your banner to our blog! $5.00 per year!









CRAFTS FOR SALE
PATTERNS
PATTERN INFO GOES HERE
FREEBIES
**INFORMATION HERE**
CRAFT SHOW
**HEAR ME ON**
SHOPPING
FREE CRAFT MAGAZINES
Primitive Times Magazine
Beneath the Willow Tree
The Olde Prairie Register
Rusty Tin Roof
Creative Times Magazine
CRAFT BLOGS
The Krazy Kraft Lady
Prim Patterns'n Homemades
Where the Black Birds Sing
Tennessee Ridge Primitives
Back Door Primitives
Charming Designs
Canadian Country Gal
Bitter Sweet Fixins 'n Primitives
The Olde Hollow Crow
Remembering the Good Old Days
Back Door Primitives
Long Cane Primitives
GRAPHICS & TEMPLATE
Template revised by Denise ( Neenee) Bailey of
The Krazy Kraft Lady Blog
Topper created by Denise Bailey using graphics by ┬ęTrina Clark
Mother's Love for Her Son
Wednesday, January 23, 2008










On January 18th, my son graduated from Marine Corps Boot Camp. This was a very stirring and patriotic ceremony. I cried the whole time. My husband thought I was nuts! I KNOW EVERY mom out there understands what I mean. Especially if you have a son in the military. When I look at David all I see is my baby. He's not even 19 yet! He's dressed up in this uniform and I swear he's playing dress up in his dad's clothes! He has this baby face that looks like he doesn't even shave. Now, by all rights...he's a trained killer. How do you reconcile these two pictures in your mind? He's off for 17 days, then will have to report for 52 more days of training. Training for what...I have no idea. David did not know for sure that I was coming to his graduation. When he saw me, that little face of his just lit up! I just sobbed! I was so overcome by emotion--I hadn't seen him for 7 months--he lives with his father in Alabama. I am so full of pride for him. By serving his country, he is making sacrifices that a lot of us will never know about. All so we can continue to live in a free country with free speech, and freedom of religion. What he is doing can cost him his life. That's what scares me the most. I have decided to turn him over to God. I know he will be taken care of. These are pics taken on Parris Island, SC. The girl in red is my daughter Leighsa with her son, Jacob.
posted by Shari Kraft @ 2:36 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ABOUT ME

Name: Shari Kraft
Home: Ash Fork, Arizona, United States
About Me: I'm a fifty four year old Mom of 4, wife of 1. Just trying to be the best me I can be.
See my complete profile

Hear me on Prim Talk Radio

PREVIOUS POST
ARCHIVES
FAVORITE LINKS
BLOG BUDDIES
POWERED BY

BLOGGER

Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com