Page is graphics intensive, please allow a minute or two to fully load
VISITORS
click here for web design services
california web designers
MONTHLY CONTEST
ENTER THIS MONTH'S CONTEST

Go to Prim Friends Network for details

Prim Friends Network
MY OTHER SITES
Cranapple Christmas
Crow Canyon Mercantile
Cranapple Place
Prim Friends Network

CONTACT ME
cranappleplace@yahoo.com
ADVERTISE
Add your banner to our blog! $5.00 per year!









CRAFTS FOR SALE
PATTERNS
PATTERN INFO GOES HERE
FREEBIES
**INFORMATION HERE**
CRAFT SHOW
**HEAR ME ON**
SHOPPING
FREE CRAFT MAGAZINES
Primitive Times Magazine
Beneath the Willow Tree
The Olde Prairie Register
Rusty Tin Roof
Creative Times Magazine
CRAFT BLOGS
The Krazy Kraft Lady
Prim Patterns'n Homemades
Where the Black Birds Sing
Tennessee Ridge Primitives
Back Door Primitives
Charming Designs
Canadian Country Gal
Bitter Sweet Fixins 'n Primitives
The Olde Hollow Crow
Remembering the Good Old Days
Back Door Primitives
Long Cane Primitives
GRAPHICS & TEMPLATE
Template revised by Denise ( Neenee) Bailey of
The Krazy Kraft Lady Blog
Topper created by Denise Bailey using graphics by ┬ęTrina Clark
Grubby Grungy Jars
Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Okay....so I thought these would be easy to make. I got the recipe ALL wrong. I glopped this cinnamon and glue crap all over a jar. It looked kinda funky. I couldn't remember my recipe...how much cinnamon, how much glue...was there anything else I was supposed to add??? DUH.....Oh well....It was fun to play! I found my recipe and will be trying again this weekend!

Here is a great recipe from Prim Mart--I copied this word for word from their site. I think they have the best tutorials on the web.


SUPPLIES:
GLASS JARS
MODGE PODGE (OR ELMER'S GLUE)
INSTANT COFFEE OR GROUND SPICES

Pour instant coffee granules into a large bowl (you can use a plate or cookie sheet-whatever. Coat the jar with modge podge, one section at a time and then roll/push it into the coffee granules-bang the jar to get off the loose coffee...Do each section and then let it sit overnight. Then coat again with modge podge and roll again in coffee granules...Let dry overnight. Do this as many times as you want for the look you want.

Just a few notes: ALOT of the granules will fall off and after the first application you'll still be able to brush them off when dry-DON'T DO IT!

Coat for the 2nd time and roll again. As the modge podge mixes with the granules it will make the modge podge DARK as it dries...kinda looks like molasses but dried...You can see in the pic the parts that look like that.

After you are satisfied with the look and it's dry, coat one more time to "seal" with modge podge.... (I didn't do this part tho...A TINY TINY amount of coffee "dust" came off when I ran my hands over the jar so I'm thinking if you coated one final time it'd be "sealed" really good)

You could try this with cinnamon or other ground spices too-or mix the coffee/cinnamon together. You might need to do one round of the coffee and then the next time do cinnamon as when the coffee gets wet it tends to dissolve a bit.

You will notice that some of it will slide down the jar-don't put too thick of a coat of modge podge on the jar or it WILL slide down-remember it's like spray painting-a few light coats is better than one drippy heavy one!

I did not use anything to "prep" the jar, I did not do the inside of the jar either.

You could print out your vintage picture or label and glue it on the jar then do the grunging around the label.

These would be really cool with prim fabric flowers in them...or candles...I have this one sitting on my counter with a votive in it-looks very cool-hard to capture the "glow" on camera tho...
posted by Shari Kraft @ 4:18 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ABOUT ME

Name: Shari Kraft
Home: Ash Fork, Arizona, United States
About Me: I'm a fifty four year old Mom of 4, wife of 1. Just trying to be the best me I can be.
See my complete profile

Hear me on Prim Talk Radio

PREVIOUS POST
ARCHIVES
FAVORITE LINKS
BLOG BUDDIES
POWERED BY

BLOGGER

Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com