Page is graphics intensive, please allow a minute or two to fully load
VISITORS
click here for web design services
california web designers
MONTHLY CONTEST
ENTER THIS MONTH'S CONTEST

Go to Prim Friends Network for details

Prim Friends Network
MY OTHER SITES
Cranapple Christmas
Crow Canyon Mercantile
Cranapple Place
Prim Friends Network

CONTACT ME
cranappleplace@yahoo.com
ADVERTISE
Add your banner to our blog! $5.00 per year!









CRAFTS FOR SALE
PATTERNS
PATTERN INFO GOES HERE
FREEBIES
**INFORMATION HERE**
CRAFT SHOW
**HEAR ME ON**
SHOPPING
FREE CRAFT MAGAZINES
Primitive Times Magazine
Beneath the Willow Tree
The Olde Prairie Register
Rusty Tin Roof
Creative Times Magazine
CRAFT BLOGS
The Krazy Kraft Lady
Prim Patterns'n Homemades
Where the Black Birds Sing
Tennessee Ridge Primitives
Back Door Primitives
Charming Designs
Canadian Country Gal
Bitter Sweet Fixins 'n Primitives
The Olde Hollow Crow
Remembering the Good Old Days
Back Door Primitives
Long Cane Primitives
GRAPHICS & TEMPLATE
Template revised by Denise ( Neenee) Bailey of
The Krazy Kraft Lady Blog
Topper created by Denise Bailey using graphics by ┬ęTrina Clark
New Sectional Fiasco
Saturday, September 13, 2008

I bought a sectional for my living room two weeks ago on Saturday. I paid $250 for it! Not bad! Anyhoo....My hubbie and I went to pick it up on Sunday in our old "Bronze Bertha". She's a 1971 Dodge long bed pick up. I swear! That truck is like a Timex...just keeps on ticking. Anyhoo...Mike and Bill (the man we bought it from) loaded up all four pieces on the truck. Mike strapped it down and off we went. It was like a scene from "The Grapes of Wrath"! When we got home it was threatening rain, so we had to hurry and unload. The corner piece we brought up the stairs ( I live upstairs--21 steps!) with no problem. Mike brought up the chair and recliner all by himself...he just lifted it up over his head and up he went. BUT THEN....the couch, which is a hide-a-bed, was next. We stopped for a minute so Mike could have a beer break! LOL!! After a bit he asked me if I was ready. I said "yes...but...you can't yell at me, or get irritated with me if I can't do this." He said he wouldn't--we had another furniture moving experience that just wasn't fun--I'm sure he remembered that fiasco! Any way...he edged it off the truck so I could grab it. Okay...not so heavy. I can do this! As we went up the steps, I was about 5 steps up...Mike kinda pushed the couch and it knocked me flat on my butt with the couch in my lap. I started to laugh so hard that I couldn't lift it back up! It scared Mike. He thought he had hurt me. He ran next door to get Jerry. They came back and rescued me from under the couch and carried it all the way up! I was so proud of Mike for being so patient... I have no idea what we're gonna do when we move! I guess the same thing we did when we moved in....we took the railing off the deck and used a fork lift and crane to lift it all up!
posted by Shari Kraft @ 4:32 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At September 14, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Men and their NON patience, ha!
    I live it here to with certain things, putting together kids toys at Christmas, hanging a light ect.
    Im glad youre ok and didnt get hurt, I can just imagine something THAT heavy sitting on top of you - OMG!! It looks great and a GREAT price, good 4 u:)

     
  • At September 16, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Blogger KKL-Neenee said…

    Love your new sectional Shari!!

    We had one of those and they are extremely heavy, although ours didn't have the sofa bed. Both ends of the couch were recliners. It was black with some mauve, pink and silver threads going through it. Loved that couch!! It was tough getting it in the house too - we didn't have many steps but the guys had to heft the couch up over the front railing and they had to take off our front door to get it in the house.
    Glad you weren't injured when the couch fell on top of you.
    Enjoy your new furniture!

    Neenee

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ABOUT ME

Name: Shari Kraft
Home: Ash Fork, Arizona, United States
About Me: I'm a fifty four year old Mom of 4, wife of 1. Just trying to be the best me I can be.
See my complete profile

Hear me on Prim Talk Radio

PREVIOUS POST
ARCHIVES
FAVORITE LINKS
BLOG BUDDIES
POWERED BY

BLOGGER

Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com